Friday 9 July 2010

Where's the Cougar in Cougar town?

So a few days ago I was just browsing the internet, trying to find something fun to watch...

And I found "Cougar Town".
It's a comedy with Courteny Cox as the lead.
Produced by Coquette Productions - her and her husband's company. (It's the Co from Courteney and the quette from David ;) )
It's a funny word xD

So I decided to watch it to try it out. And I liked it :)
I've finished the whole series and it was pretty good! The sort of light-hearted comedy that you can even half-watch and still understand.

One tiny gripe though...
The name? Cougar Town?
Where's the cougar?
Urban Dictionary defines a Cougar as:

An older woman who frequents clubs in order to score with a much younger man. The cougar can be anyone from an overly surgically altered wind tunnel victim, to an absolute sad and bloated old horn-meister, to a real hottie or milf.

Now it might have just been me missing something blindingly obvious, but at no point does Courteney go clubbing and looking for younger guys...
If anyone's doing that, it's her neighbour Grayson - but then he's a guy so that doesn't count.
Perhaps they named it based on the pilot, which is the only indication to 'Cougarism' (i made up a word :) ) Though in the actual series she doesn't go looking for a guy at all. The script writers make anything like that come to her.
But, what else are they going to call it? "Woman in the suburbs"? "Divorced Mom's Coffee Club"? (I actually quite like the second xD though it would probably be a better film than TV show...)

But apart from that, I really liked it :)
At one point, they were watching TV and when the camera angle switched, I could see they were watching scrubs :D That gained a lot of love.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment